Founder, CEO, head of campaigns
Nicolas Entrup has been working in the international field of animal welfare, species conservation and environmental protection for more than 25 years.
Alongside years of experience in designing, coordinating, strategic planning and carrying out regional, national and international campaigns, Nicolas Entrup is also continuously active as a consultant and campaigner at international and regional species conservation and environmental agreements. His wealth of experience is also the result of taking part in more than 30 conferences of parties, as well as in scientific councils and advisory bodies.
After 12 years as the CEO of the German branch of WDCS, then the largest international NPO working exclusively for cetacean conservation, Nicolas Entrup founded the international campaigns agency SHIFTING VALUES in 2011 in order to commit himself even more intensively and on an ever broader basis to the crucial issues of environmental protection, animal welfare and species conservation.
His political skills, high-level long-term international contacts and networks, including with media and creative agencies, as well as his passion, determination and experience make Nicolas a successful campaigner, who always has improving the protection of animals, species and the environment in his mind.
In his private life, Nicolas is probably one of the greatest fans of Led Zeppelin, often driving his team crazy over this passion.
Political fora, Nicolas Entrup has been actively working in, include:
- Agreement on the Conservation of Cetaceans in the Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea (ACCOBAMS)
- Agreement on the Conservation of Small Cetaceans of the Baltic and North Seas (ASCOBANS)
- Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS)
- International Whaling Commission (IWC)
- Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)