The voice for marine wildlife at the negotiating table.
For a long time already, we no longer regard ourselves a contractor of OceanCare, but a part of its internationally active team. OceanCare is one of the most efficient marine conservation organisations worldwide. It holds the special consultative status with UN ECOSOC and is official partner of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species and the Agreement on the Conservation of Cetaceans in the Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea. The issues we are working on within the team include reduction of underwater noise, cessation of deliberate killings (e.g. by strictly implementing the international ban on commercial whaling), and a shift of values, attitudes and conduct towards the oceans as the habitat of marine wildlife.
The main focus of our work is to advocate the protection of marine wildlife in regional and international fora. These include
- Agreement on the Conservation of Cetaceans in the Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea (ACCOBAMS)
- Agreement on the Conservation of Small Cetaceans of the Baltic and North Seas (ASCOBANS)
- Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS)
- International Whaling Commission (IWC)
- Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)